02 Jun [Vacancy] Lead researcher – qualitative specialist
About Scope of Work
INSPIRASI (Inisiatif Kepemimpinan Pendidikan untuk Raih Prestasi), is an independent and non-profit foundation with goals to help addressing learning crisis in Indonesia through developing effective school leadership practices. INSPIRASI is affiliated with the Global School Leaders (GSL) network, consists of like-minded initiatives focusing on school leadership development in several countries, such as India, Malaysia and Kenya.
We’re currently in the planning phase for the second pilot program that focuses on improving leadership practices of school principals through building K3S (Kelompok Kerja Kepala Sekolah) into a community of practice. As a community of practice, we expected K3S to serve as a center of collaborative learning and resources sharing between principals in order to solve their problems at school. INSPIRASI will work with three K3Ses (consisting of a total of 70 – 80 schools), 3 school cluster coordinators, and six school supervisors in Karawang District, West Java. The pilot program will be implemented from July 2020 – July 2021.
About the Role
As a Lead Researcher – Qualitative Specialist, the individual will be responsible for leading the monitoring & evaluation of the second pilot program throughout one-year implementation. Additionally, she/he will work closely with Research Assistant and INSPIRASI internal consultants in order to:
- provide rapid feedback from field experiences into the incremental intervention design and implementation process
- evaluate whether the intervention produce changes in K3S and principal practices as expected
The role, whilst supported by a small team, requires the individual to work with a high degree of pro-activity and independence. The Lead Researcher – Qualitative Specialist will report to the INSPIRASI Program Director.
The followings are the key responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Securing ethical approval & consent from every relevant party before the study starts
- Contribute to the study design & instrument development
- Conduct qualitative research methods (such as in-depth, semi-structured interviews and focus groups)
- Monitor, internally, the progress of research activities and ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of assigned study design
- Manage data collected from the participants
- Assist with programmatic data entry and cleaning as needed
- Deliver robust qualitative analysis of collected data based on study design
- Write findings in an engaging and understandable report
- Share findings to internal colleagues and teams in timely manner
- Launch and publish report to maximise the study’s reach and use
INSPIRASI is looking an individual with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, preferably a master’s degree
- 3-5 years of work experience carrying out qualitative research, with documented experiences in research and/or designing data collection instruments, managing field work, conducting semi-structured interviews, including managing the data.
- Demonstrated record of successfully completing and producing engaging & understandable reports
- Experience in design, plan and execution of research projects with minimum supervision, which address the INSPIRASI needs
- Experience preparing presentations and writing final conclusions clearly and concisely for internal and external
- Experience in using technologies for data collection and analysis and working with qualitative data.
- Having experience in implementing User-Experience (UX) design or monitoring/evaluating adaptive program is preferrable
- Native in Bahasa Indonesia and English literate
What We Offer
This is not a full-time position, but output basis based on agreed deliverables with maximum 15 working days per month. Works are mostly done remotely but travel to Jakarta to have discussions with the team are required & stay in Karawang during fieldwork. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and competitive with the non-profit education sector in Indonesia.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their CV and a cover letter stating how this position aligns with his/her professional experiences and aspirations to email@example.com by 7 June, 2020.
Please include “Application for Lead Researcher – Qualitative Specialist _<name>” in the subject line of your email.