02 Jun [vacancy] Research Assistant – Qualitative
About Scope of Work
INSPIRASI (Inisiatif Kepemimpinan Pendidikan untuk Raih Prestasi), is an independent and non-profit foundation with goals to help addressing the learning crisis in Indonesia through developing effective school leadership practices. INSPIRASI is affiliated with the Global School Leaders (GSL) network, consists of like-minded initiatives focusing on school leadership development in several countries, such as India, Malaysia and Kenya.
We’re currently in the planning phase for the second pilot program that focuses on improving leadership practices of school principals through building K3S (Kelompok Kerja Kepala Sekolah) into a community of practice. As a community of practice, we expected K3S to serve as a center of collaborative learning and resources sharing between principals in order to solve their problems at school. INSPIRASI will work with three K3Ses (consisting of a total of 70 – 80 schools), 3 school cluster coordinators, and six school supervisors in Karawang District, West Java. The pilot program will be implemented from July 2020 – July 2021.
About the Role
As a Research Assistant – Qualitative, the individual will work with the Lead Researcher throughout one-year implementation and INSPIRASI internal consultants in order to:
- provide rapid feedback from field experiences into the incremental intervention design and implementation process
- evaluate whether the intervention produce changes in K3S and principal practices as expected
The role, whilst supported by a small team, requires the individual to work with a high degree of pro-activity and independence. The Research Assistant – Qualitative will report to the INSPIRASI Program Director.
The followings are the key responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, maintain, and update materials to conduct the study
- Coordinate & communicate with targeted respondents
- Maintain accurate records of collected data, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Conduct data collection, data entry & data cleaning according to the protocols laid out by study design & lead researcher
- Provide ready access to all collected/cleaned data
- Conduct statistical analyses of data sets
- Prepare graphs and spreadsheets to portray results, as required by reports
- Prepare required logistics & monitor the usage
INSPIRASI is looking an individual with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, preferably a master’s degree
- 1-2 years of work experience carrying out qualitative research, with documented experiences in research and/or conducting semi-structured interviews & observations, including managing the data.
- Experience in following detailed protocol and procedures in the recording, processing, and routine analysis of field data
- Experience in using technologies for data collection and analysis and working with qualitative data.
- Native in Bahasa Indonesia and English literate
To be successful in this role, you’ll generally need the following skills and qualities:
Analytical skills: Research assistants are often asked to collect and analyze data and to manage and update existing databases. They might also conduct literature reviews or field research.
Technical skills: Research assistants may need to use technologies in collecting/analysing data.
Observational skills: Research assistants need to be able to work in a highly accurate manner, paying close attention to detail and keeping records of their work.
Time-management skills: When dealing with data and statistics, it’s important to be able to meet project deadlines and manage your time to accomplish your goals.
What we offer
This is not a full-time position, but output basis based on agreed deliverables with maximum 15 working days per month. Works are mostly done remotely but travel to Jakarta to have discussions with the team are required & stay in Karawang during fieldwork. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and competitive with the non-profit education sector in Indonesia.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their CV and a cover letter stating how this position aligns with his/her professional experiences and aspirations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 June, 2020.
Please include “Application for Research Assistant – Qualitative_<name>” in the subject line of your email.