11 Feb WE’RE HIRING – PROGRAM MANAGER
INSPIRASI Foundation is looking for an experienced and passionate educator/facilitator as a full-time Program Manager for school principals’ continuous professional development program starting in the 2021/2022 academic calendar. The program will be INSPIRASI’s next project that focuses on improving school principals’ leadership competency through their working group. The program activities will comprise training through workshops and in-school facilitation support. The project location will be in one sub-district in either Jabodetabek, Central Java, or Eastern Indonesia (deployment will be determined later in the selection/recruitment process).
As a Program Manager, the individual will be responsible for providing technical support to a group of school principals and facilitate them to develop key leadership skills and mindsets to improve student learning. Additionally, the Program Manager will play an entrepreneurial role in contributing to the development of INSPIRASI Foundation. She/he will work closely with a small team of social entrepreneurs that is furthering school leadership as a cause or issue. The Program Manager will report to the INSPIRASI Program Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as facilitator for a number of school principals in both workshop and at-school facilitation in a sub-district, while working with its school supervisors.
- Manage the planning/preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the sequential workshops and in-school facilitation support
- Contextualize a set of activities in the form of facilitation guidelines from determined program framework and provided database
- Provide technical and strategic input on the on-going development of INSPIRASI Foundation and how INSPIRASI can achieve the overarching goals
- Contribute to the knowledge products (e.g. program update/report, brief, articles) for a range of stakeholders to capture INSPIRASI programs activities as required.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, preferably a master’s degree
- 3-5 years of work experience, at least two years in the education sector required
- Native in Bahasa Indonesia and English literate
- Teaching and facilitating experience are highly preferred
Key skills, mindsets, and knowledge to be successful in the role include:
- Growth mindset and can-do attitude to not only deliver job description, but also to help build a startup non-profit as well as to promote the importance of school leadership cause in Indonesia
- Conviction that all school leaders can develop and grow, and dramatically improve learning outcomes of their schools
- Self-awareness, integrity, and dedication to results-orientation
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
- Willingness and ability to give and receive feedback
Work Location and Remuneration
The candidate will be based in the partnered sub-district but must have the ability to travel to Jakarta as required. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and competitive with the non-profit education sector in Indonesia.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their CV and a cover letter stating how this position aligns with his/her professional experiences and aspirations to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 3rd, 2021 (early applicant is highly preferred)
Please include “Application for Program Manager_<name>” in the subject line of your email.
About INSPIRASI Foundation
INSPIRASI (Inisiatif Kepemimpinan Pendidikan untuk Raih Prestasi), is an independent and non-profit foundation with goals to help address the learning crisis in Indonesia through developing effective school leadership practices. INSPIRASI is affiliated with the Global School Leaders (GSL) network, consists of like-minded initiatives focusing on school leadership development in several countries, such as India, Malaysia and Kenya.
INSPIRASI has begun its work by piloting a 1.5 year continuous professional development program for 25 primary schools (SD and MI) principals and senior teachers of moderate to low performing schools starting in 2019 and runs an on-going pilot that focuses on school principals’ community involving 58 primary schools in Karawang District, West Java. The goal of the pilot will be to develop a model for school leadership development of principals that is impactful on student learning at scale throughout Indonesia and serve as a demonstration model that is relevant for government and education stakeholders.
For more information, please visit our website at www.inspirasifoundation.org, twitter @INSPIRASI_Fndtn or Instagram @inspirasi.foundation, as well as our Global School Leaders network www.globalschoolleaders.org.