09 Jul HIRING NOW – MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
INSPIRASI Foundation is looking for a passionate researcher in education as a full-time Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer to monitor and evaluate pilot projects of school principals’ continuous professional development program starting in the 2021/2023 academic calendar in several provinces.
As a M&E Officer, the individual will be responsible for designing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation activities of the pilot projects by working closely with the Program Team and related parties. Additionally, the M&E Officer will play an entrepreneurial role in contributing to the development of INSPIRASI Foundation. She/he will work closely with a small team of social entrepreneurs that is furthering school leadership as a cause or issue. The M&E Officer will report to the INSPIRASI Program Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build a dashboard or data management system to track the progress of the program implementation at activity, community, school principals, teachers and students levels.
- Generate practical instruments for data collection at activity, community, school principals, teachers and students levels.
- Manage data collection, collation and storage by ensuring that the data are being input in timely manner and having high validity
- Manage data cleaning and analysis that can inform the progress of the project against the determined indicator tracking matrix, and provide explanation when indicators are not met
- Generate eye-opening brief report/recap/infographics that highlights the trends, progress, overall project achievement, and potential bottlenecks that inform Program team to reflect and refine the program
- Capture best-fit practices, success and failure stories with particular thematics for learning and references
- Conduct regular capacity assessment on existing monitoring & evaluation system to do refinement
- Support other team members to maintain effective & efficient project monitoring & evaluation system and process
- Oversee monitoring & evaluation activities from the implementing partner to ensure its alignment with the developed monitoring & evaluation framework
- Participate in preparing and writing quarter/annual reports on the progress, findings, and lesson learned from program implementation
- Support tasks in at least one of the following areas:
- Communication or,
- Public policy and advocacy for local government.
- Provide technical and strategic input on the on-going development of INSPIRASI Foundation and how INSPIRASI can achieve the overarching goals
- Contribute to the knowledge products (e.g. program update/report, brief, articles) for a range of stakeholders to capture INSPIRASI programs activities as required.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Economics, Social Science, Statistics, Public Policy, International Development or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Having working experience in the design & implementation of M&E activities, including data collection, analysis and reporting, preferably in the education sector
- Having sound skills in using computer statistical packages (e.g. NVivo, SPSS, Stata, Ms Excel)
- Having knowledge, skills and experience in doing major evaluation (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact), data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Having experience in using data to inform decision-making, planning, refining and project performance monitoring & evaluation
- Native in Bahasa Indonesia and English literate
Key skills, mindsets, and knowledge to be successful in the role include:
- Growth mindset and can-do attitude to not only deliver job description, but also to help build a startup non-profit as well as to promote the importance of school leadership cause in Indonesia
- Conviction that all school leaders can develop and grow, and dramatically improve learning outcomes of their schools
- Self-awareness, integrity, and dedication to results-orientation
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
- Willingness and ability to give and receive feedback
Work Location and Remuneration
The candidate will be based in Jakarta. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and competitive with the non-profit education sector in Indonesia.
Interested candidates may apply by filling & completing the application formstating how this position aligns with his/her professional experiences and aspirations to bit.ly/inspirasirecruitment by August 9th, 2021 (early applicant is highly preferred) .